The Clock Test
The Clock Test is Copyright 1993 Niilo Paasivirta. All Rights Reserved.
The Clock Test is a modern test for operating systems. You can test almost any multitasking (or non-multitasking, sometimes) operating systems by this method.
- Turn your computer on.
- Wait for the operating system to boot, log in (whatever).
- Find the icon for "clock" program, or some other way to start a clock. A graphical clock program is best for this test.
- Start as many clocks as possible.
- If your operating system can start only one clock, it sucks. You should change into some real operating system!
- If your computer crashes, it has failed the test. Find a better operating system.
- The maximum number of clocks running simultaneously your operating system can manage is the score of that OS in Clock Test.. The result may also depend on your hardware.